JOIN THE STAMPIN' UP! FAMILY.

Whether for business or pleasure, contact me today to learn how becoming a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator can benefit you!

Monday 12 November 2007

Co-ordination made easy.................

One of the things I love the most about Stampin' Up! is how everything matches so beautifully. I used to dread having to match up my ink colours with my cardstock & then again with the patterned papers, but with SU all the hard work is done for you. This first card uses the Spring Showers Designer Series Paper, I have used Mellow Moss for the base card & also coloured the family in with Mellow Moss, So Saffron & Cameo Coral markers, I have also stamped the words from Greetings Galore in Mellow Moss. As SU papers are designed to match with our cardstock, I know exactly what colours to use - if you purchase papers from me I am more than happy to provide you with a list, then you will know too!



The stamp set I have used is All In The Family, & it is such a versatile & fun set. I love how you can make the people do so many different things - I saw the Dad & Mum holding the baby on SCS & thought it was so cute. I have also seen people holding flowers, presents, balloons, bats & balls so will be trying some of these out soon. If you haven't already heard about this months special on this set & why it is so special please click here.

For this next card I have used some DSP from the Holiday Thyme pack that is also on special this month. Once again I didn't have to think about what colours matched - it was already done for me! I used Buckaroo Blue & Old Olive, however could have also used True Thyme or Bashful Blue. I am finding that Buckaroo Blue & Brocade Blue are very similar - so have stamped the Happy Birthday from Warmest Regards in Brocade Blue ink & also coloured the boys in using Brocade Blue & Old Olive markers.


I have just realised I have a fettish for ribbon - can you tell? both these cards have it tied at the bottom!. For the top card I have used a scrap piece I found & the bottom card uses SU White Grosgrain. I didn't have any blue ribbon so have coloured in the white using a Brocade Blue marker - I love doing this as I only need the one roll of ribbon & can use my markers to make it any colour I like.

I hope you like my All In The Family cards - I have been having so much fun with it, so will have some more projects using it to show you soon.

1 comment:

yvonne said...

Alana, wow, I am so glad I have found your blog - these cards are beautiful, gorgeous use of colours and I also LOVE ribbon!