JOIN THE STAMPIN' UP! FAMILY.

Whether for business or pleasure, contact me today to learn how becoming a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator can benefit you!

Monday 4 February 2008

Stationary giftset

There's been afew swaps going around, so I challenged myself to join another one. This time a 'gift' swap - I made a stationary set using the beautiful Recollections Designer Series Paper. It included a pencil tin, bookmark, post-it note holder & another of my covered notebooks.

Here's abit of a closer look at each item.The tin was a soup can (I think) & I used my fabulous tupperware can opener to open it. I am not affiliated with them at all, but do love how it opens the can without leaving any sharp edges on either the can, or the lid. After washing, I covered the can in some DSP, added abit of ribbon & stuck on a flower from the Wild Rose stamp set.This bookmark is one of my new favourite things to make. It was really easy too, I just used my 1 1/4 & 1 3/8 circle punches to punch out some cardstock & stuck them together using afew pop-up glue dots. Make sure that you have one glue dot above the top of the paperclip & one below, to keep it in place. The little rosebud is also from the Wild Rose stamp set.

The post-it note holder was also fun to make. I covered a chipboard square, once again with the Recollections DSP, tied on some ribbon & added another flower from the Wild Rose set. As you can probably see, the Wild Rose stamp set is designed to match the Recollections DSP - I just love it! I also covered a fold back clip that I got from our local newsagents, to hold the post-it notes in place.
More DSP for the notebook & some wide grosgrain ribbon stapled on for the pages tabs. I also used the Typeset Lower Alphabet for the lettering on the front. If you missed my tutorial on how to cover these notebooks using the Stampin' Up! spiral punch, then click here!
Thanks for checking out my giftset, if you have anyother questions on how anything was made, or the products I have used, please send me an email & I will get back to you - alana@aussiebroadband.com.au

1 comment:

Kylie said...

Beautiful set Alana! Did you get your jumbo paperclips from the states or here in OZ? I live in Adelaide and I have phoned so many newsagents, stationary stores etc with no luck!
I love the paper and the stamps you used and I just love your notebooks, their great!
Have a great week! Take care, Kylie XX