JOIN THE STAMPIN' UP! FAMILY.

Whether for business or pleasure, contact me today to learn how becoming a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator can benefit you!

Sunday 18 May 2008

Bleaching

We all had a great time at the show - the kids loved the puppet show, lawnmower races & of course the motorbike stuntman, while I had fun checking out the pavillions. Stupidly I forgot my camera, so no pictures :-(


These are my latest efforts for the ATC swap I am involved with & I am really pleased with how they turned out. The technique this month was to use bleach - I was rather nervous about this as whenever I use bleach in the laundry it's a disaster, however I am happy to say that stamping with bleach super easy. I filled one of my aquapainters with bleach & then applied it to the back of the stamp, then stamped! The bleach will take the colour out of the cardstock & each different colour cardstock will give you a different result. I have stamped the horse onto Basic Gray & it changed the cardstock colour to one very close to River Rock. I have also run the bleach filled aquapainter around the edges of the basic gray cardstock. I will be running a bleach technique class in the future, so if you are interested in learning how to do this, keep an eye out for the dates.

Stampset: Wanted, Occasional Greetings, Sanded Background

Cardstock: Basic Gray, Basic Black, River Rock

Ink: Basic Gray, Basic Black

Accessories: Vintage Brad, River Rock Double Stitched Ribbon, Cutter Kit, Bleach filled Aquapainter

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your ATC's look great Alana!

Anonymous said...

Awwww Alana, these are so good. Can't wait to receive mine! Mine on the other hand aren't nearly so stylish and beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Love KimT

Dani Fender said...

Stunning! The bleached out colour looks great. Shame I didn't get one!