JOIN THE STAMPIN' UP! FAMILY.

Whether for business or pleasure, contact me today to learn how becoming a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator can benefit you!

Friday 26 September 2008

Multicoloued In Colors

I love colouring onto my stamps with Stampin' Write Markers to give a great multicoloured image, however the In Colors don't come in markers, so you need to improvise. Above are some of the things I have used to get a multicoloured image using In Colors:
Bold Stampset - I'm using Tart & Tangy
In Color Inkpad & Reinker - Wild Wasabi (I will also use Purely Pomegranite, but it's not in the picture
Blender Pens
Stampin Write Marker - I'm using Real Red
Masking Tape
Baby Wipe

The first & probably the easiest was is to ink the whole stamp in Wild Wasabi & then use a baby wipe (or cotton bud) to clean the ink off the stamp in the areas it is not wanted. I then used my Real Red Stampin' Write Marker to reink the area with the desired colour.


Another way is to make your own In Color Markers using blender pens & reinkers. You can soak the pens in a small amount of ink, which works well if you are using it straight away, however the ink does soak up the pen if left awhile. I place a drop of ink into my inkpad lid (then there is no mess to clean up) & give my blender pen a little soak in it each time I reuse it. You can then use in the same way as a marker to ink your stamp. This is great if you want to use two different In Colors to colour your image


This last one I will show you is using masking tape. I quite often use masking tape, but usually when I don't have to cut the tape into any shape. So I could cut the tape to be the right shape I placed it on my stamp & coloured over it with a pencil, this will leave a mark where the edge of the leaves are. I then cut it out & replaced on the stamp, inked the stamp in Wild Wasabi, then removed the masking tape so I could colour the rest of the image with my marker - abit fiddly, but it does work.

Do you know of different/easier way to stamp a multicoloured image using In Colors?? If so, I'd love you to leave a comment & let me know.

No comments: