JOIN THE STAMPIN' UP! FAMILY.

Whether for business or pleasure, contact me today to learn how becoming a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator can benefit you!

Tuesday 23 September 2008

Spring Mini Fun Day Invitation & tutorial

To celebrate World Card Making Day (October 4th) & the arrival of Spring I will be having a Spring Mini Fun Day on the 11th October. There will be lots of fun things to make, things to learn, prizes & giveaways - so make sure you contact me if you would like to come - alana@aussiebroadband.com.au . I will be donating $5 per attendee to the Wee Waa Hospital, along with 10% of any sales.
This is the invitation I made to send to afew of my loyal customers & friends. They were lots of fun to make & of course I forgot to take a photo of them all before sending!
I thought I'd do up a really quick tutorial to show you how they were made - enjoy :-)
Supplies:
12cm x 10cm piece of cardstock (I used Real Red in this example)
Paddle Pop Stick (again, I found some red ones to tie in with my colour theme)
Horizontal Slot Punch
Corner Rounder Punch (not pictured)
Scalloped Circle Punch
Small piece of ribbon
The other items pictured are optional, I used them to embellish the front of my paddle pop invite - Old Olive & Real Red Markers, 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" Circle Punches, Stamps (Tart & Tangy), Snail, Real Red, Wild Wasabi & Whisper White cardstock
Firstly fold your 12cm x 10cm piece of cardstock in half

In the middle of the right hand side punch 2 holes with the Horizontal Slot Punch. For the first hole I pushed the punch in as far as it would go & punched, then I moved it downwards about 1cm to make the second hole - you can see this abit better in the next picture
When making this example I forgot to round the corners - so if you wanted to, you would need to do this now. Most Stampin' Up! punches don't cut through 2 layers of cardstock very well, however the corner rounder does, so I punched mine with the invite closed, you also don't need to punch the top right hand corner.

After punching the corners, insert the paddle pop stick through the punched holes as pictured

Usind the Scalloped Circle punch out the 'bite' mark in the top of your invite. I punched out the front one first, then closed my invite & used the front as a guide to punch the back 'bite'

Tie your piece of ribbon around the paddle pop stick

Your invite is now basically complete, just print off the party details & stick on the inside & decorate the outside.

My outer embellishment was very simple - I coloured the strawberry (or apple) from Tart & Tangy with my markers & punched out with a 1 1/4" Circle & layered on a 1 3/8" Real Red Circle & Wild Wasabi Scalloped Circle
Whenever I am using my punches I always hold them upsidedown - this way I can always see exactly what I am punching. This is particularly helpful when punching out a stamped image as it allows you to make sure the image is in the centre of the punch
Stick the strawberry/apple on the font & you have a cute little invite! You can see that the invite on the right has the corners rounded & the one on the left does not.

If you were paying close attention you may have noticed that I have used Wild Wasabi cardstock & an Old Olive Marker - they don't really match, but I thought they were close enough. I have since changed my mind, so check back tomorrow & I will show you a couple of different ways to use an inkpad to create a multi coloured image.


2 comments:

Sam said...

These look so groovy Alana! Thanks so much for the tutorial. I've bookmarked it in my Google Reader for CASEing :-).

Sam.

Geisha Girl said...

Alana
The baby cards are sooo cute!!
Looking forward to Spring Mini Fun Day. Trust you got my RSVP.

Judy