JOIN THE STAMPIN' UP! FAMILY.

Whether for business or pleasure, contact me today to learn how becoming a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator can benefit you!

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Camp Cypress 2011

Over the last 3 years I've been running a small Scrapbook & Stamping weekend at Baradine on the first weekend in March. We stay at Camp Cypress & always have a great time - this year was no exception.
I saw on Marelle's blog that at her camp she ran a MasterCrafter contest which sounded like lots of fun, so I CASEd her idea. Although not everyone liked the idea of having to do challenges they were all good sports & joined in (I think they even ended up having fun!)

First up was the Mystery Bag which contained an A5 sheet of Brocade Blue, 1 Brocade Blue brad, A5 sheet of Kiwi Kiss, length of Rose Red Stitched Ribbon & a scrap of patterned paper. I instructed the ladies to create anything they liked using at least 3 items out of the bag & they came up with these beauties -
Everyone voted on their favourites & sadly the bottom 5 were eliminated. Mandy's card below was the winner - there was almost an uproar when it was thought that she had only used 2 items from the 'Mystery Bag', but on close inspection from the judge (me!) it was discovered that Mandy had covered her Brocade Blue brad in Fine Supernova Glitter - clever thing.
I had downloaded afew Sketches from Makeesha's blog & Mandy choose the one below for the next challenge -
& here are all the fantastic creations.
The eliminated crafters got to vote for the winners, with Belinda's gorgeous scrapbook page taking the round.

The top 3 crafters now had to compete in the Pressure Test! I had CASEd this cute Easter box from Kirsty earlier in the day & the last challenge was to recreate it in 20 mins - adding your own personal touch. There were lots of laughs & nerves got the better of the crafters, so I kindly added 5 mins extra time so each had a finished box to 'dish up'. They all did a fantasic job - as you can see below. First on the left is my CASEd one, then Belinda's, Leanne's & Jenny's. All the eliminated crafters voted for the overall winner, which was Leanne, with her Pink Personalised Bunny!

If you would like to join the fun next year, let me know & I will add you to my emailing list.

No comments: